Self-Care is Important for Mental Health
The past two years have brought many unforeseen changes and challenges that have impacted our everyday lives, which is why it is more important than ever to make mental health a priority. Mental health includes our emotional, psychological, and social well-being. Stress, fear and anxiety all can have a negative effect on our mental health, which is why it’s important to take care of your family and friends, but it should be balanced with care for yourself.
Make self-care a priority with these tips:
- Take breaks from watching, reading, or listening to the news. Limit social media.
- Make time to unwind through meditation, stretching, music, or other hobbies.
- Eat healthy, well-balanced meals.
- Avoid excessive alcohol, tobacco, and substance use.
- Exercise regularly and get plenty of sleep.
- Talk to a psychologist, social worker, counselor, physician, pastor, friend or family member.